The Drapers Sustainable Fashion Awards recognise the strides that are being made in reducing the industry’s environmental impact, and creating fairer working conditions across the supply chain.
The industry has come under a huge amount of pressure in recent months to clean up its act. The government’s environmental audit committee’s Fixing Fashion report, published in February 2019, identified the waste and carbon footprint created by the production of clothing, as well as what happens to garments at the end of their lives. It showed how consumption of fashion in the UK creates jobs and growth in developing nations, but also leaves them with the bulk of the environmental and social costs.
Change is not an option. Forward-thinking fashion businesses realise this, and are embracing their responsibilities and ability to make a difference. Many brands and retailers are making significant progress in becoming more sustainable.
Judged by an independent panel of experts, Drapers Sustainable Fashion Awards will shine a spotlight on best practice within the industry, so others can learn how to change for good.
By entering the awards, you will have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate to your customers and company stakeholders that sustainability is truly embedded in your business
- Prove that the progress you have made against your sustainability goals has been market leading, as rigorously judged by an independent panel of experts
- Receive recognition from the fashion industry, with a specific focus on your efforts to become more sustainable
- Show your team that you value their hard work and dedication
- Benchmark your efforts to become more sustainable against your peers
- Share best practice and contribute to industry-wide change
Each entry is free. You can save and return to your entry at any stage of the process.
Award winners will be announced on the evening of 21 May 2020 at London's Hilton Bankside.
EXTENDED Entry deadline: 21 February 2020