Sustainable Textile Innovation
Open to textile manufacturers, designers and brands, this award recognises innovative, sustainable alternatives to traditional textiles – for example, textiles made from repurposed formerly discarded by-products, or lab-grown cultures. As well as evidence of sustainable credentials, judges will examine the commercial viability of each submission. The innovation must have been developed within the past three years.
Questions to consider when entering:
- What is the fibre or material?
- Why and when was it created?
- What makes it more sustainable than alternatives on the market?
- Which fashion brands or retailers are using this new textile in their production?
- Does it have further commercial applications/is it scalable?